This vanilla cake will satisfy all your cake desires. Enjoy with a fresh strawberry filling or a chocolatey ganache.
This will Make approx. 12 cupcakes or one 9in baking pan.
Gluten Free Vanilla Cake
- 1 1/4 cups (170g) WTFlour gluten free Flour Blend
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or plant – based butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (1 tsp. vanilla powder)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (1/2 c milk or plant-based milk ½ tbsp white vinegar)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare buttermilk by mixing milk with vinegar.
- With an electric mixer or stand mixer add softened butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg one at a time.
- Add vanilla and buttermilk mix until combined.
- Add in flour mixture mix until combined.
- Add to cake pan and bake for 30-35 mins or until middle bounces back. For cupcakes bake for 20-25 mins.
For chocolate ganache melt 1/2 cup WTF Mini Semi Sweet chocolate chips with 1/4 cup plant based milk until smooth. Topped with WTF gluten free cookies.
Tag us with your creations @wtflourco