The perfect tart or pie shell to make your favourite desserts. From lemon to butter tarts, this crust won't let you down. Make this recipe vegan by using plant based butter and yogurt.
This recipe will about 18 tarts.
Gluten Free Tart Crust
- 1 1/2 cups WTF Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter or plant based butter
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or plant based yogurt (we use coconut)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until butter is pea size.
- Add plain yogurt, combine until a ball forms.
- Roll out dough between 2 lightly floured pieces of parchment paper, about 1/4 inch thick. If your having trouble working with dough you can chill it in the fridge for about 10 minutes or add an extra dusting of flour.
- Cut into circles to fit you muffin tin and gently press them in the pan.
- Poke the bottom of the tart shell with a fork. Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes or until edges are starting to go golden brown.
- Fill with your desired filling, one of my favourites is lemon. Enjoy!