The perfect way to get into holiday baking! These are so easy and equally delicious. Enjoy as is or dip in melted chocolate or sprinkle with icing sugar.
This recipe will make about 20-30 cookies depending on size
Gluten Free + Vega Shortbread
- 2 1/2 cups of WTF Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 3/4 cup of icing sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of softened butter or plant based butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract (optional)
- Mix together gluten free flour, icing sugar and salt.
- Add softened butter and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix with an electric mixer until blended well.
- Chill dough in fridge for 10-20mins
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper, dust with flour to avoid sticking. Roll about 1/2" thick. Cut out desired shaped and place on baking tray. Alternatively, you can scoop dough and roll into a ball roll in icing sugar/cane sugar and press flat with a fork.
- Bake at 325 for about 15 minutes until bottoms of the cookies are slightly golden.
Try dusting cookies with icing sugar, dip into melted chocolate or add a peppermint glaze!
We want to know what you think! Tag us in your creations @wtflourco Bake on friends.