The perfect pie shell to make your favourite pies. From apple to pumpkin, this crust won't let you down. This recipe is vegan friendly.
This recipe makes one pie shell, if making a deep dish pie I recommend doubling the recipe.
Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups WTF Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons chilled vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- Whisk together flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter until butter is pea size.
- Add ice cold water, mix until a ball forms
- Roll out dough between 2 heavily floured pieces of parchment paper, about 1/4 inch thick. If your having trouble working with dough you can chill it in the fridge for about 10 minutes or add an extra dusting of flour.
- Gently place into the pan, you may need to press dough in with your fingers to fix any cracked spots.
- Use a fork to gently poke holes and bake at 450F for 8-10 minutes.
julianna cerminara on Dec 19, 2021
Hey! At what temp & for how long should this bake for?? Thank you :))